Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Moving Stress

"Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee:
He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved"

In this season of moving mountains, I had a very interesting conversation with a sister of mines. She told me that God doesn't take our worries, but rather, He's simply waiting on us to give them. In that moment, it hit me like a rushing wind--God will do the heavy lifting if we do the shifting. But shifting what?

Shifting or rather changing our perspective on how we interpret the word. I've read this text maybe a thousand times and for the first time I really understood that God wanted me to give my problems to Him, while for so long, I had been waiting for Him to take my problems, when in actuality He just wanted me to release them to Him. In exchange for my obedience, not only do I get rid of the heavy loads I've been carrying in life, but He promised me something as well: to sustain and to never move me out of my position in Him! 

This is a deal, I can't afford to lose out on and the price is simply trust. I must simply trust God enough to hand over everything that troubles me so that He can sustain me in the position He placed me and that position is in great places! 

In this season of moving mountains, make sure you move stress, unwanted baggage, and anything oppressing right out of your life, by simply saying Lord, I've held this for far too long, and I honestly don't know what to do with it, so now I'm giving it to You, because I trust that you will do what is best for me, even if I don't understand it fully, because your promises are sure and I know that you will hold me and NEVER allow me to fall! 


No comments: